Psalm 32:7

Psalm 32:7  

You are my hiding place     

Why do we need a hiding place? I can think of two reasons. An army or group of soldiers waiting to launch an attack will need a hiding place until everything is ready and then they hope they will break out and bear down on an unsuspecting enemy. 

The usual requirement of a hiding place, however, is to keep us safe. We are afraid, we are being hunted down, there is someone or something that is so terrifying that we cower away. The Coronavirus has done that to us in our millions, we are frightened to make contact with others, to even touch what they have touched; we are living in isolation driven by a government-led media campaign that promotes fear. One Christian doctor who contracted the virus and who was seriously ill talked, on the radio, about his battle against fear and how He had to pray against it and ask the Holy Spirit to guard every limb in his body and drive out the dark forces that were attacking him and instilling such a fearful dread. He found peace and healing because the Lord God was his hiding place!

Whatever we may be fearing today, we have a God who is bigger than! He will protect you and me and in times of trouble but we need to dig deep into the catalogue of songs of deliverance and sing them out from every cell in our body. (Blessed be the name of the Lord. We raise a hallelujah. You are my hiding place. My God is a great big God. Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine. How great is our God. Our God is an awesome God.) That’s just a few from my catalogue, you will have your own. Get ready to sing them!!

“You are my hiding place

You always cover me

With Songs of Deliverance

Whenever I am afraid

I will trust in You

I will trust in You

Let the weak say “I am strong”

In the strength of my God. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16