Psalm 105:4

Psalm 105:4

Seek His face always

This verse is a reminder that we need to seek the Lord and His strength at all times, and forevermore! The wonderful promises in Jeremiah 29 need to be repeated here, This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfil my good promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.””

It seems that the half-hearted pursuit of God may only provide a half-hearted response, for the Lord looks for those who seek Him with everything they have. Think about the Wise Men and their journey of faith. It is those who begin their quest and keep with it, regardless of setbacks and U-turns and opposition, who find what they are searching for. All of life is a quest, a quest for truth and a pursuit of answers, and we who doggedly keep going will find what we are looking for. The Lord rewards those who are faithful, diligent and determined, He tells us that He will be found by us. The purpose of our journey is never fulfilled by knowledge but by relationship. I remember having a period of longing and searching as a younger man, I was 26 and somehow the religion of my youth did not satisfy. I walked for days with a Bible in my hands, seeking something more and the Lord rewarded that pursuit with a life-changing experience of His love. Afterwards I was able to say, “I always knew about You, but now I know You!” Let’s continue to seek His face always. Hallelujah! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16