Psalm4:8       
I will lie down and sleep               
There are times, in the life of all believers, when we no longer have control of situations. We can do nothing more. We have given our all, we have tried every possible solution and now it is out of our hands. As someone has wisely said, “It is time to let go and let God.” If we truly trust Him, if our faith will allow us, we can turn our backs on our enemies. We can block our ears to the threats. We can ignore the lies and the deceit and say, “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone Lord, make me dwell in safety.”
I should imagine that the devil, having sent a hurricane our way is not amused, when we settle in our beds in the midst of it all and drift off into a peaceful sleep! But that is our right and privilege once we let the Lord God Almighty take control. These spiritual attacks are like whirlwinds, they blow with terrifying intensity and threaten to turn us upside down; the disciples witnessed one of these when in a fishing boat with Jesus, who was fast asleep! It is absolute trust in God, and in His Word, that brings some sanity back to the situation, the storm blows over and we find ourselves anticipating God’s blessing again.   Surely, He has heard from heaven. 

O Lord, thank You for your faithful, steadfast love. Thank You that when the enemy threatens to overcome me I can turn to You. You are my rock in the storm, my Deliverer. Who can break me or malign me when You are my Defender? I will not heed the whispers, for You are with me and You sustain me. Take my fears and my torment and fill me with Your joy. Let me lie down and sleep at peace with You. Thank You Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16