Psalm 103:3

Psalm 103:3

He forgives and heals

This is a puzzling verse for many. Of course, as believers, we have put our faith in the One who forgives all our sins. Is this not at the heart of our faith, the reason we came to Christ in the first place? The same was true of the ancient Jewish believers who pinned their hopes in their sacrificial offerings and in the blood of the Atonement poured out every year upon the mercy seat of God by the High Priest. But do we really believe it? Have we grasped the truth that all sins have been forgiven, all debts to God have been repaid, all consciences have been washed clean and we are free? If so, why do so many believers make rules and regulations and work so hard to prove themselves to the Lord? Why do we have to put on religion to provide a shiny veneer that covers a multitude of faults. If our sins are truly forgiven, then we have nothing to prove!

And, just as we struggle to embrace the fullness of God’s salvation from sin, we struggle to believe that all sicknesses and diseases can be healed. Now, let’s be honest here, our bodies are mortal, we all get ill, our organs and limbs fail us and we will eventually die. That is a given but, while we are engaged in this earthly journey, our Lord is just as willing and able to heal and restore our bodies as He is to forgive our sins. I’ve lost count of the number of times that He has healed and restored me and freed me from illness and even death! Just over 1 month ago, I suffered a heart attack while climbing up Tennyson Down on the Isle of Wight. There were at least 4 occasions on Friday 29th and Saturday 30th September 2023 when I could have died but my God saved me and healed me, just as He has saved me and healed me from my sins. Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16