Psalm 91:14

Psalm 91:14

Because He loves me

Here is the crux of the matter, “Because he loves me” says the Lord, “I will rescue him.” Do we love Him? I would have found that a hard question to answer as a young believer, in fact for most of my life the journey of faith has been a thousand and one different things for me, but a love affair? It is only now, in the latter stages of that life that I find myself in a two-way loving relationship with my Lord. A relationship that compels me to keep drawing closer, to try to understand Him better, and to long for the comfort and inspiration of His presence. Only now do I get constantly emotional as I see His touch in creation, as I hear His voice in His Word, as I am inspired by the fellowship of His people and as I long to be near Him. 

What a promise this verse gives us, “I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.” The words literally mean, “I will set him on high because he has known my name.” Knowing His name, knowing who our God is, knowing who we are in comparison, knowing what He has done and is doing – all of these elevate us into His presence and are the preludes to a future in His company. The Apostle Paul puts it like this, “And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of His grace, expressed in His kindness to us in Christ Jesus.”Ephesians 2:6-7.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16