Psalm 86:17

Psalm 86:17

Give me a sign

“Give me a sign!” That’s the heart cry of many, especially those who are desperately longing to see a resolution to a problem or who have begun to wonder if their faith has any purpose. It’s tough, trying to trust the Lord when nothing is happening, and the enemy’s oppression gathers strength daily. We start to ask, “Am I on the right path here?” “Does God really care?” “Is it all worth it?” Then the Satan steps in with his age-old, Garden of Eden tactic, “Did God really say?” Self-doubt and God-doubt start to flourish in our heads and the desperate desire to be vindicated intensifies. So, like David, we cry, “Give me a sign and let it be so powerful that even my enemies will see it and be ashamed.”

Whilst this all sounds a bit self-pitying, many of us can claim that the Lord God has done it. He has given us signs. He has vindicated our trust in Him. Others have seen and been surprised although they may still not believe. Looking back, I have been privileged to witness many signs of healing and miracles, there have been moments of intense joy and wonder. There have been visions of heavenly glory and moments of incredible spiritual discovery. 

But that is my story. How about yours? As we reach the end of another Psalm I need to ask, has the Lord helped you and comforted you as He did David? If not, then reach out to Him and ask, “Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you, Lord, have helped me and comforted me.” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16