Psalm 81:13-14

Psalm 81:13-14

If my people would only listen to me

If yesterday’s “cause and effect” was dramatic, today’s is no less so. 

The cause: - “If my people would only listen to me, if Israel would only follow my ways.”

The effect: - “How quickly I would subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes.

Surely these statements give us an insight into the heart of Almighty God, who never changes. These verses are the antithesis of what goes before them. In verses 11-12 we see what happens when people will not listen and will not submit. Now we see what God will do when people do listen and follow His ways.

I have not the slightest doubt that these factors are still crucial in Israel’s relationship with the Lord God, and they are fundamental to our relationship with Him too. Everything that is going wrong in our country today is caused by people not listening to God and not submitting to Him. It would only take a change of heart and a willingness to follow God’s ways and the fortunes of the UK would immediately change. If the Holy Spirit fell upon the members of the Cabinet as they met and those men and women walked out of No 10 praising God, the whole world would start to change! Look what happened at Pentecost, albeit with a group of people who were waiting, expectant and willing to obey their Lord. 

Perhaps this is what we should pray for? 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16