Psalm 77:14

Psalm 77:14

The God who performs miracles

"Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” John 14:10-14. 

Jesus is replying here to a query by Philip, one of the disciples. Philip had asked, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.” Jesus effectively tells Philip, “Look at all of the miracles, the works that I have done.” The problem is that God has been working miracles on earth from the day He started to create the world. Miracle after miracle after miracle. They have never ended and still go on today. Jesus did countless miracles and He authorised us to get involved too. The problem is the human mindset, you either see them and believe them and in the One who did them, or you see only coincidence and unexplained good fortune. God still displays His power among the peoples, and they are too blind to see Him. Let’s rejoice today in the handiwork of a mighty, miracle-working God. Hallelujah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16