Psalm 73:28b

Psalm 73:28b

“I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge.” 

We have commented, on numerous occasions, on how the Psalms highlight the ways in which the Lord provides refuge for His people. He may be a cliff face or a rocky place of hiding. He may be a high headland or a cave. He might be a strong tower or a mighty fortress castle. Whatever the pressing need of the time, the psalmists were able to record that the Lord God had protected and guarded His people, regardless of the dangers surrounding them. 

Here, Asaph records that he has learned enough from his own experience and from the witness of others, to deliberately make the Lord his refuge. He is almost saying, “I have built myself a castle and no matter what my enemies throw at me, I will run to my refuge and know that they cannot harm me. My castle is impregnable and within its walls I am safe.”

May the Holy Spirit help us to educate our minds to see our God that way. When the enemy onslaught is intense and cracks are beginning to appear, when the ammunition is running low and our bodies are weary, when the numbers against us are growing and the battle is turning in their favour; those are the times to run to our refuge and hide. Shut them out. Sit down and eat at the table of the Lord. Stop fighting and start resting, for He is our refuge. Hallelujah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16