Psalm 73:12

Psalm 73:12

The wealth of the wicked

I detect more than a little dose of self-pity here, don’t you? “This is what the wicked are like, they never have any problems, everything works out for them. While I’m working my socks off trying to make ends meet, they book another holiday, buy a new car and put a few more thousands into their pension pot.” 

Are the wicked always free of care? Quite obviously not, they get sick, they have to deal with family issues and broken relationships, and they have more to look after and to protect than the poor do. Having said that, I guess we can all be a little bit jealous of those who can buy what they want, go where they want, live how they want and do want they want! or can we?

Well, I’ve seen it all over the years and I think David got it right when he said, “I’d rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.  For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favour and honour, no good ting does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.” Psalm 84:10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16