Psalm 71:6

Psalm 71:6

From birth ....

Psalm 22:10-11 says, “From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God. Do not be far from me, for trouble is near and there is no one to help.”

Psalm 139:13-15, on a similar theme, “For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful; I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.”

Our verse today joins with its slightly better known cousins above, in detailing the events that brought us into this world. Put together they cover the moment from conception, to birth, to present day and tell us that God was actively involved in each stage of the life process. He was there when we were made in the secret place. He was watching over us in our mothers’ wombs. He was attentive at the moment of birth, and He has been with us ever since. Even though we may have been unaware of His presence, He was never more than a prayer away, in fact, since we were born again, He has been resident within us. We are made in His image, which elevates us far above the evolutionists’ animal kingdoms. We are established in an order that puts us just a little lower than the angels. Our lives are precious, God given and no accident, they really matter. That is why abortion is such a scourge upon our world. 

Let us give thanks today that the Lord has been a caring, watchful, Father who planned our entrance into this world before the earth was created. He has watched over our every move and will continue to do so. What hope! What comfort! What security this brings. Nothing can happen to you and me that goes unseen, we will ever be protected by our God. Hallelujah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16