Psalm 71:23

Psalm 71:23

My lips will shout for joy

The years 2,000 and 2021 were dominated by Covid and our lives were restricted by lockdowns and various other constraints, designed to keep us all safe. As I write, it is the end of February 2022 and this week all the rules have been lifted and we can pursue some kind of normality again. Shortly, my wife and I will be joining others at the Queens Hall in Halstead, to dance, to wave banners, to sing praise and to pray for the people of Ukraine, who were invaded by Russia this week. So, the world lurches from one crisis to another but our God and our praises remain the same. 

Most of the time, we are restrained in our praises but that is not what the Lord God intended. David spells it out in this verse, “My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praise to you – I whom you have delivered.” God wants us to SHOUT for joy, to let go of our inhibitions, to proclaim His praises at the tops of our voices. “Make some noise,” He says, if you really want to honour me, Forget about your own problems and hang-ups and rejoice in me. 

And what do we sing praise about? The Psalm says, “His deliverance”. Delivered from sin, guilt and shame. Delivered from Hades, death and the terror of the grave. Delivered from Satan’s control and the temptations of the world. Delivered from my sinful nature and the pointlessness of a life lived for self. Hallelujah Lord, my lips will shout for joy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16