Psalm 62:7

Psalm 62:7

Depending upon God

Sometimes repetition is the only way to get the message across. Sometimes, as individuals, we need to memorise and repeat the same truth, over and over, until it becomes deeply embedded into our spirits. We often repeat the same words or instruction to a child until we are sure that they have received and understood them. But, of course, this is usually only done when the thing to be remembered is particularly important. I suspect that the Lord God is doing this here, that David was saying the same thing repeatedly until it became firmly engrained in his mind and in his heart,

“My soul finds rest in God. 

My Salvation comes from Him.

He is my Rock – my strong cliff face.

He is my salvation.

I will never be shaken.

God is my fortress.

He is my hope.

God is my salvation.

I will not be shaken.

God is my mighty rock and my refuge.

I am safe with Him.

My salvation and my honour depend on Him.”

Go on! keep saying it. Keep repeating these words until they are embedded in your spirit too. You and I will do it together, we will keep repeating these phrases until we know that they are stuck with us for the rest of our lives and that we are truly dependent and that nothing can shake us. We might as well do it now because we are certainly going to need to remember this at some point in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16

Psalm 71:17