Psalm 45:16

Psalm 45:16

Raising Princes

The subject of this Wedding Song returns to the king. He eagerly waits to receive his bride and there is even anticipation of the fruits of their union! The golden couple will have children, they will have sons who will continue the royal line. So, the fathers will be replaced by princes throughout the land.

I wonder if we value dynastic succession as much as we should? I don’t know much about the faith of my predecessors; on my father’s side I have a grandad who came to faith on his deathbed and a gran who was heavily involved in village church life. On my mother’s side was a grandmother who lived her life for others and who was described as a godly woman. It is more than likely that somewhere in that past there were those who prayed for the salvation of their children, namely my parents who both came to Christ when I was a young child. Isn’t it true that our inheritance - what we leave with the world when we pass, is not just children but Princes? Those who follow the King of kings, who are part of His royal line? Should not our greatest hope and desire, our most effective work, be to ensure that the heavenly dynasty is continued? What a privilege and responsibility. If we have children who are not following the Lord Jesus, then their salvation and introduction into the Royal line must be our greatest priority. They have been offered the place of a Prince, why should they remain paupers? 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16