Psalm 35:9

Psalm 35:9

Rejoice in the Lord     

I don’t trust my ego, do you? It has bothered me at times that I could have done some great things for the Lord but I know my ego cannot cope. How lovely it is to have people’s adulation and to be highly thought of in the right circles. I could have been a performer of miracles or preached great sermons that moved large crowds or proclaimed prophetic insights that wowed the churches. Sadly, I was not up to the task, Geoff Abbott could not take the acclaim, he would love it too much. That is why this verse needs to be written on our hearts. Whatever the sizeable, powerful and influential forces were that troubled David, he was able to give the Lord all of the glory when they were defeated. When victory came, when his enemies were overcome, he remembered who had brought the end to the conflict; the One to whom he had cried out when all was dark and hopeless. It was the Lord who got the credit! Does your soul rejoice so much in Him that when prayers are answered and troubles pass you are able to give thanks to the Lord or do you quickly forget that it was not your doing?  Do you and I delight enough in God’s salvation? If and when Covid passes, will we give the Lord the praise and glory or will we join the masses who proclaim that it is man who is God? Everything that happens to us, as His children, is from His hand. May our souls rejoice in Him today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16