Psalm 35:15

Psalm 35:15  

He watches over me     

Oh dear, the situation is not improving, David’s complaint against certain close confidantes, intensifies. he is, brought low by difficult circumstances, humbled and troubled and he turns to his closest allies. They appear to be supportive and sympathetic but, out of earshot, away from the palace, they cannot contain their smug jubilation. The poor king, bewildered by the lack of advice and positive assistance from these people, sinks further into despair, meanwhile they are all laughing at him. When did their scheming come to light? We don’t know, but obviously David wakes up to himself at some point and realises that these people are not allies but assailants! They are out to supervise his downfall, he is a laughingstock, not least because of his innocence. Doesn’t it make you squirm with indignation and anger, especially if, like me, you’ve had this kind of thing happen to you. “Why didn’t I see it coming? Why didn’t I read the signs? It’s so obvious now, but at the time I believed the best in them. And all the time I confided in them and counted them my friends they were slandering my name, my role, my family, my every move – they hated me, those smiling assassins!”

I can feel the anger and distress in David, can’t you? Thank God that the Psalm does not end here, there’s a way through because there is a God who watches over His children. Please remember this if you have been or are the victim of similar cruelty. There will be a way through this and the Lord God knows your situation. He will deliver you. Hallelujah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16