Psalm 35:10

Psalm 35:10

My whole being will exclaim     

One Bible version translates this verse as, “All my bones will say, Lord, who is like You?” That’s a strange turn of phrase, the NIV puts it like this, “My whole being will exclaim, “Who is like You, Lord?” Whichever way you look at it, the joy and wonder and gratitude that flowed from David is more than just a verbal expression, it affected every part of him. I suspect that if we just pay lip service to God for His wondrous deeds, we are not really communicating full and true worship. David was known to dance before the Lord. When he was full of joy, he didn’t just sing, he picked up an instrument and played and he wrote his own songs. Maybe we can’t all do that but there is so much more we can do, letting go, letting our praise course through our bones, letting the wonder of God’s salvation and deliverance and His love for us affect every part of our being. We are not meant to be stiff-upper-lipped people, our God is over all and in all, He makes the mountains dance and the trees of the field clap their hands, the birds sing and the animals roar. Why are some of us humans so restrained – me in included? Next time I stand in a congregation at worship, staring grimly at some words of praise, hands in pockets, like a statue, I intend to remember this verse. Or, if you are nearby, you can give me a nudge!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16