Psalm 34:19

Psalm 34:19  

The Lord delivers him     

There is a certain kind of preaching that assures its disciples that following Jesus frees us from all troubles. In truth, I grew up with a simplistic kind of faith that believed that once you were saved everything else would fall into place. “I’m born again, my sins are forgiven, I’m on my way to heaven. What more do I need?” Experience and age tell me that it ain’t that simple! Christians are not absolved from troubles and problems, however, they do have an amazing friend who walks with them and they always have hope that whatever happens God will win through. And He does! David was not wrong to write that, “The righteous person may have many troubles.” Physical health troubles, financial troubles. family troubles, work troubles, marriage troubles, mental health troubles, even church troubles; all of these and more are common to us all. Listen to these words of Jesus, perhaps He had been reading this Psalm before He spoke them! “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33. Yes, the Lord delivers. Yes, He delivered David. Yes, He will deliver me – from all of them. And He has! Thank You Lord! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16