Psalm 32:11

Psalm 32:11

Rejoice and sing!     

“Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice!” So says Paul in Philippians 4:4. He may have been thinking of this final verse of Psalm 32. A Psalm that began with the agonies of the fallen sinner who felt the heaviness of the hand of God. David had sinned and the gradual realisation that he needed to confess occupied the first few verse of the song. He acknowledged his sin, he confessed his sin and the Lord forgave the guilt of his sin v5. From there he can move on to a relationship again, to restored health, to a bright hope for tomorrow. The cloud has passed, the heavy yoke has been lifted and the guilt has been erased. That is a huge part of the wonder and joy of being a child of God, forget all this nonsense about mindfulness and wellbeing and meditation on inner self and all of the other false hopes that the devil offers. There is no state like that of the forgiven sinner who is right with the Lord God. That is a cause for celebration. The righteous can be truly glad, they do not need artificial stimulants to enjoy themselves, their joy comes from within. So, if you are that person today – then SING! Sing with me. Sing with David. Sing to your Lord. Hallelujah!

 

Thank You Lord God, that my sins are forgiven. Thank You that there is nothing that You can count against me for Jesus has borne it all. Thank You for delivering me from the heavy weight of my guilt and for taking away the burden of my failure. You are my hiding place, You protect me from the devil’s lures, you surround me with Your unfailing love and with songs of deliverance. I will rejoice and be glad in You O my Lord.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16