Psalm 31:15

Psalm 31:15  

My time is in Your hands     

When I first wrote this it was the middle of March 2020 and the UK, along with the rest of the world, had been forced into shutdown to counter the spread of the coronavirus. From midnight today those of us who live in Essex, and many others, are being restricted once again after a few months of relative freedom. Who knows what the future may hold? What we do know is that, “My times are in Your hands.” In other words, these “times” that the world is going through, these times that our nation is enduring, my times and your times, they are in His hands. Everything that happens to us, everything that happens around us, every event, every circumstance of life is in God’s hands. For the believer this is a source of immense comfort but what about the rest? How sad that they do not believe it! Where is their hope? Thank God that we do not know what tomorrow might bring or what will happen to us, nationally or individually but, if we know the Lord we can face this day with confidence, with hope and with joy. We can also pray, with David, “Deliver me from the hands of my enemies.” Just a few verses ago David was in complete despair, he was terrified for his life. Then, he stopped, looked up and remembered – “God is with me, the Lord is my protector, I will trust in You Lord.” Look at the difference, look at how his outlook and his attitude have changed. So, stop looking within, stop looking around, stop listening to the enemy, put your hope and your trust in the Lord God and all will be well. Look up for, “If God is for us, who can be against us?” Read Romans 8:31-39.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16