Psalm 30:9

Psalm 30:9

What is gained if I am silenced?     

I wonder if many of us dare say to God, “What’s the point of my death? What could possibly be gained if I have to leave this earth? Surely it’s better if I hang around and do a bit of good!” David said it! As he peered into the looming shadows of the pit of death, we get an insight into his heart wrenching cry of desperation. “Lord don’t let this happen. What is the point of my leaving this world right now? Save me from the clutches of Sheol.” How I love this dear man, for he reveals his reasons for wanting to stay alive, the reasons why the world would be worse off if he died. He intends to praise God and he aims to proclaim the Lord’s faithfulness. Have you ever thought of the reasons why God might want you and me to remain here on this planet? Is there a good reason or have we already done our bit, if indeed we have done anything at all! Can we appeal to the Lord God and say, “Let me stay. Let me remain here for I wish to praise you. Let my life be extended that I might proclaim Your faithfulness.” It does us good to stop and think about such things, maybe it’s time for a new resolution, “Lord let everyone, in future, look at me and say that my God is a faithful God.”   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16