Psalm 27:14

Psalm 27:14  

Wait!

     I write this on January 1st 2020 – a New Year – a New decade. This is the verse the Lord asks me to dwell upon. “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” But Lord I have lots of plans and am anxious to get moving. “Wait”. But Lord the church is in a bit of a slump and we need to set new goals for the decade ahead. “Wait.” But Lord I want to write books and set up teaching seminars and work on blogs and spread the truth of Your Word. “Wait.”  But Lord I hate waiting, I’m a doer, I’m someone who gets things moving and is full of ideas. “Wait. Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” OK, Lord but don’t take too long about it!

Are you like me? The waiting game is the hardest of all isn’t it? But in waiting we renew our strength and we learn to depend not on our own ideas but on His power. A few seconds of the Lord’s intervention and our lives are changed forever. So, take heart, join with me and let’s wait and see what the Lord will do. By the way, the Hebrew word for wait is not passive, it does not imply endless hanging around but rather to have hope. The verse might be better read as; “Hope in the Lord, be courageous as you hope in Him and you will find the strength to be faithful as you line up with His will.”

 

Thank You, Lord, for this song of delights for You are indeed my light and my salvation. There have been and will be many occasions when my enemies will seek to break me and rob me of my joy in You. Thank You that in the midst of the darkness I may approach Your holy dwelling and gaze on Your beauty. Thank You that You are my hiding place and whatever befalls me there will always be times of joy to look forward to. I will seek You Lord. I will seek Your face. Teach me Your ways so that I do not go astray. Thank You that however dark life and my circumstances may become, I always have hope in You. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16