Psalm 25:20

Psalm 25:20  

Guard me!

     I’m sorry, sometimes I do go on a bit! But look at this verse, memorise it, for it is dripping with truth, comfort, reassurance and faith. It is a pattern for personal prayer, especially when we are troubled. Each little phrase has a depth of meaning. The writer is a mortal man, one of the most spiritual who ever lived but yet mortal and vulnerable. He is crying out to a deity, the greatest God, the Holy God, the Almighty God who transcends all power, knowledge and ability. He is so great that we are less than ants in comparison. This God deigns to hear us and to involve Himself with us. He goes further, we are His children and He loves us beyond belief. In that context, can we not confidently make these requests to Him?

·      Guard my life

·      Rescue me

·      Do not let me be put to shame

·      I take refuge in You

Think about these words today. Do they apply to you? Dare you ask Him? There is a series of children’s books called “Big Bear – Little Bear.” I love reading them to my grandchildren because they remind me of verses like this. Little Bear is tiny, excitable, always exploring and revelling in adventure. But he is also safe because Big Bear is not far away and Big Bear rescues him and guards him and ensures that his adventures are also a lesson in trust and dependence. That’s you and me folks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16