Psalm 25:8  
Intstructed in His ways
     It seems almost demeaning to say of the Lord God that He is good and upright. I want to shout, “Of course He is. Tell me something I don’t know!” But then, to say the Lord God is good and upright is not like saying “Geoff Abbott is good and upright.” We may all see good in one another and we may look at certain people and call them upright but, when we use these terms of the Lord God, we are saying He is wholly good and wholly upright. I’m afraid that you cannot say that about me!
You see, I need instruction about sin and what is right and wrong. I need someone to explain such things to me. There are sins like murder and theft and lying that are fairly obvious to most of us, but it’s the more subtle misdemeanours that require some instruction. God honours those who never speak ill of others, who always keep their word, who do not change their minds, who have their thoughts as well as their actions under control. There are myriads of sins that attach themselves to us under the headings of pride and self-interest and we all need someone to instruct us about such things. Life is to be an ongoing, daily course in the classroom of His instruction if we are to draw closer to the Lord and that is why it is so important to spend time with His Word. And if you do, don’t forget to put into practice what He teaches! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16