Psalm 25:1 
Lift up my soul
       This Psalm was written as an acrostic poem where each verse begins with the successive letter of the Hebrew alphabet. (NIV Text Note.) The nature of Psalm 25 and the following 9 Psalms is unusual in that they balance pleas for mercy and for God’s help with declarations of faith and trust in His unfailing love. “In You, Lord my God, I put my trust,” writes David. The Hebrew translation puts it rather differently, “Unto You Lord, do I lift up my soul.” In other words, “I place my confidence in You. I let You be the source and prompter of my emotions. I focus my thoughts on You. I have You in my heart at all times. My moral character takes its lead from You. I humble myself before You and let You fill my being. Here is my soul, Lord, take it and mould it so that You are the centre of everything that is me. Thus, I will trust in You.”
Let us make this our life’s purpose, to open ourselves to the Lord so that every breath, every heartbeat, every cerebral transaction has the Lord God written all over it! Let us seek to be the people He always created us to be, those who enjoy perpetual fellowship in Him. Let us lift up the very core of our inner being and offer it to Him. “Lord I lift up my soul to You today.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16