Psalm 24:5  
The blessing of the Lord
     So what happens if we ignore all that has been learned from verse 4? The Bible is quite clear, the Lord will turn His face away from us. His displeasure builds up, we are abusing His grace and His love. That does not mean we are forgotten or no longer loved but how can He pour His Spirit into the life of one who does not care or who has no intention of “drawing near?” The incredible thing, in my own experience, is that even when I have strayed way off the path and deliberately and knowingly sinned, the Lord has still been there for me and I have received His guidance and help. That is how gracious He is. However, I’m sure I have also missed His blessing. From personal experience, listening to others and reading the destinies of individuals and of a nation in Scripture, it is clear that the closer we come to the Lord and the more we love to obey Him, the higher we ascend that holy mountain in verse 3. Even if this were not so, and who knows the ways of the Lord completely, I would rather have clean hands, a pure heart and meet all the conditions that will allow me to draw nearer and nearer to Him. That is the route to blessing, a faithful God reaches out to those who seek Him. Incredibly, to those who don’t seek Him too! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16