Psalm 24:4a 
     The one who has a pure heart
      One thousand years before Christ, a songwriter called David realised that God does not look on the outward appearance, God looks at the heart. David knew that however clean our hands might be, true cleanliness comes from within. If a man or woman wanted to enter the Holy Place and commune with God then he or she must be pure in heart. In fact, after he had sinned with Bathsheba he cried out, “Create in me a pure heart, O God!”  Psalm 51. Jesus echoed these thoughts when He said, “Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God.” Matthew 5:8. The Psalm is really asking us to examine ourselves, to look deep within. Are all my thoughts, emotions, motivations and actions driven by purity in my heart? If I truly want to ascend the mountain of the Lord and stand in the Holy Place, then I need to check out my heart!
·      The one who does not trust in an idol

The word idol immediately conjures up pictures of statues or sacred objects or figurines that have other-worldly abilities; some kind of object that leads us to the spiritual unknown. Wikipedia defines it as follows: - An idol is an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed or any person or thing regarded with admiration, adoration, or devotion. It is clear isn’t it, that when we put our trust in anything or anyone more than the living God, we are entering into idolatry territory. How can we ascend the mountain of the Lord or stand in the Holy Place when He is in, in truth, not the Lord of our life? Do I have an idol that is keeping me from Him? Is there a person or a thing that matters to me more than God? If my family, my home, my job, my Bank balance, even my church mean more than God does, then they have become my idols. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16