Psalm 19:14   
The meditation of my heart
     The psalm ends with David adding a little blessing that would be easy to overlook. Having said that, these words have been learnt and repeated on many occasions and they provide a wonderful foundation for a godly life. You could say that they are a powerful declaration of intent, “May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.”
Have you ever tried meditation on the Word of God? Forget all the other kinds of meditation, they have no value for they are not focussed on truth. This verse is a good place to start and, in a way, David gives us clues as to the best technique; it is to ask questions.
·      What are the words of my mouth?
·      What are the meditations of my heart?
·      How do we please God?
·      What does it mean to be in His sight?
·      How does the Lord become our rock?
·      What did David understand by the term Redeemer? 
·      What does it mean for us to call Him Redeemer?
I’m not going to answer these questions; instead I hope you will join me by taking time to be still and think about them. Learn this verse and then meditate on it and seek God’s message to you. 

Thank You, Lord God, for the many ways in which you reveal Yourself to us. 
Thank You for the celestial bodies that call to us from the heavens and for the sun that provides our light and heat. 
Thank You for the moon who guides the tides but also lightens the darkest of nights.
Thank You, that wherever we go in the world or above it, Your glory shines forth.
Thank You, Father, for Your Word, Your truth that also lights our way, be it in the day or in the darkness of night.  
Thank You that Your Word is like the sun, giving light to our eyes and radiating Your glory and Your truth. 

Thank You that because of Your Word I may know myself and also know You, the One who is my Rock and my Redeemer. Blessed be Your holy name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16