Psalm 11:4     
Whoopee!
         Many are driven to despair by the disintegration of our society, but David knows, as he pens this Psalm, that all is not lost. Forgive me, but this is the “Whoopee” moment! For our attention is drawn to a higher place and a higher being, to a heavenly temple and to a throne where the Lord Himself is seated. There is no higher vision for mankind, there is no greater hope, whatever unfolds on earth, however great the foolishness of men and the malicious threats of the enemy, THE LORD IS IN HIS HOLY TEMPLE; THE LORD IS ON HIS HEAVENLY THRONE. Therefore, we do not despair, indeed we know that everything is under control and that truth and justice will prevail. His temple is the place where He is worshipped by those who love and serve Him; His throne is where He judges His enemies. I was recently at a “Proms in the Park” event and sat in my chair watching the celebrations around me as people sang along to the familiar tunes and words of the performances. Many of the crowd had been drinking for some hours and the singing was raucous, but arms waved in the air and it was a good time for all. Suddenly, I realised that this was the height of many people’s worship experience, it would never get better than this. I felt like a foreigner that day for my worship and my emotions have been tuned to a higher place and this earthly celebration was nothing compared to the heavenly throne room and the massed choirs worshipping in the holy temple of the Lord. I did not judge the crowd in the Park nor should you. I wept for them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16

Psalm 71:17