Psalm 5:8      Because of my enemies

       What is our prayer as we bow before the Lord?  “Lead me, Lord, in your righteousness because of my enemies – make your way straight before me.” Can you come before the Lord and ask that the only way you will walk is His way?  “I want to walk the path of righteousness, I want to keep my feet on the straight road, I want to walk in the light, not in the grey, murky shadows.  Lord I ask that whatever befalls me I will know that I am walking in Your ways.”   Why do we make that request?  Because of our enemies. How many Christians meander along, often on the wrong path simply because they do not realise the devious, deceitful plans of their enemies.  “We don’t want to stir up trouble,” they say.  “We prefer not to think about enemies, we won’t have to fight in a spiritual war if we don’t think too much about it.”   Such ignorance leads to dissatisfied spirituality, a bland form of Christianity and a faith that does not mature.  The Psalm tells us how threatening the enemies of God’s people are.  Not one word from their mouths can be trusted, they are malicious and liars.  How many of us have experienced such assaults but we have failed to consider the primary source?  This is the battle, so often it is words and even if they are not heard they are imagined.  The Satan’s ambassadors prey on our minds with their threats, their whispers, their devious, snide comments none of which are founded in truth, but which can paralyse us and keep us from moving along the road of faith.  They are the pernicious, poisoned darts that the enemy throws and too often they stick! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16