Psalm3:3-4 Answers in Prayer

Psalm3:3-4    The foes who are against us are indeed many and there will be those who will say that God will not deliver us.  Jesus was surrounded by the hosts of sin plus armies of demonic fiends and the twin enemies of death and hell. But when the serpent dashed his sting into the heart of the Lord, he lost His power, just like a bee when it stings us. It is easy in such situations, to throw in the towel, to let the enemy win, to believe that the battle is already lost.  Countless numbers have taken that route, especially in the face of popular opinion and so we do well to learn from David; “But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the Lord, and he hears me from his holy mountain.” Of course, if we are not walking rightly before God and do not have confidence in His salvation, we cannot pray these words, so it pays to consistently be in the holy place with Him.  Such a walk brings security, assurance and faith that the Lord will prevail.  Notice that the shield is not before us or behind us or at our side, it is AROUND us.  With the Lord around us we may lift our heads high, this is the walk of victory and of honour not of defeat, He is our glory, this is a conquest not a setback.  “God is with me, you can try every trick in the book, Satan, but I am not defeated for I am on the victory side.” Why? v 4. “Because when I call out to the Lord He answers me from His holy mountain!” The heavenly throne room of God is open, His ears hear my cry, the lines of communication are not broken and He answers me, therefore I know that I am not defeated.  There is nothing more reassuring than to speak to heaven and to get a reply – then we know we are in business!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 4:1 Smear campaigns

Psalm 74:16

Psalm 71:17